Some quick highlights from a worthwhile article over at Fortune which details the iPhone’s continued dominance in the smartphone market. In April, the iPhone was responsible for 59% of all US smartphone traffic and 43% of all Worldwide smartphone traffic.
- Of the 7.5 billion AdMob ads displayed on mobile devices in 160 countries around the world, 2 billion were displayed on iPhones or iPod touches Of the 7.5 billion AdMob ads displayed on mobile devices in 160 countries around the world, 2 billion were displayed on iPhones or iPod touches
- The iPhone OS has only 8% of global smartphone market share, but generates 43% of mobile Web requests and 65% of HTML usage
- In the United States, 20% of ad requests come from iPhones, 14.8% from iPod touches (globally, those numbers are 15.1% and 11%, respectively)
- Apple’s share of U.S. ad requests grew 5.6% month over month
- The iPhone’s share grew 3% in April; the iPod touch’s grew 2.6