Apple today announced major updates across its iLife suit of digital software. “This has got to be some of the highest value software in the world,” Steve Jobs explained during today’s “Back to Mac” presentation. iLife ’11 will ship standard on all new Macs and can be purchased today for an upgrade price of $49.
First up on the docket was iPhoto ’11 which includes some of the following features.
- New full screen modes
- Facebook enhancements
- Easy way to e-mail photos
- New slideshows themes
- A big leap in books
- New letterpress cards
- More advanced audio editing
- One step effects
- People Finder – i.e face recognition gone video!
- News and sports themes
- Simple way to create impressive movie trailers
- Flex Time
- Groove Matching
- More guitar amps & effects
- New piano and guitar lessons.
- “How did I play?” feature which measures user achievement