Pinch Media yesterday published a report on how applications are used, or ignored, by iPhone users based on data compiled from 30 million downloads.
Some of the more interesting findings include:
- Appearing on a top 100 list increases daily new users by an average of 2.3x
- Lowering the price of an app increases demand by 130% on average
- To make it onto Apple’s top 100 downloaded list, a developer needs to sell 5,000 copies in 24 hours. To make it onto the top 25 list, a developer needs to sell 20,000 copies in 24 hours.
- Users generally stop using downloaded applications fairly quickly.
- Users continue using paid applications for a longer time than free apps
- Entertainment apps are best at retaining users over the long term
Check out the full slideshow below. We’ll have an in-depth analysis on the findings in the coming days.