BoyGeniusReport has a monster scoop regarding the next gen iPhone. Citing a head honcho high up the AT&T food chain, they report the following information as “100% confirmed.”
The next iPhone will be announced (and presumably released) around mid-June, which might see it go head to head with the Palm Pre. BGR’s sources also say that the next iPhone will be a lot faster, and will also support a U-Verse iPhone application that will enable users with the service to control their DVR, though there’s no word on if users will be able to remotely access and control their DVR. Either way, it seems that AT&T is starting to leverage the popularity of the iPhone to help it with some of its other properties.
Some of the other more notable rumors include the following:
- Nothing official is being confirmed, but they said that people should prep for an exciting time this summer.
- AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services
- They said customers shouldn’t need to choose from AT&T’s high-end devices because of features, they should choose based on preferences. The gap in capability should be filled with the new iPhone. Ok, bets on slide out QWERTY, autofocus camera, video sharing, blah blah?
- Seems like the higher speed HSDPA (7.2Mbps) is being hinted at too which should confirm the earlier rumors of the new Infineon chipset.
- The $99 3G netbook will start selling this summer, and the first one won’t be a Windows OS
The iPhone rumors seem to be piling up by the day. Video Recording, faster Internet speeds, advanced battery technology. Hot Damn. The next-gen iPhone is shaping up to more of an iPhone killer than any other competing smartphone. If that makes any sense..