Check out this on-point article from Tumblr developer Marco Ament on why you should consider switching to OS X. The article’s about a year and a half old, but the arguments still hold up today.
Mac software follows design principles that you rarely see in Windows:
- Incredible attention to detail
- Simple, clean interfaces
- Justified, focused feature design (no “kitchen sink” apps)
- Respect for the user’s time (no stealing focus, no unnecessary prompting)
- Respect for the user’s intelligence (no “we’re protecting you from this choice”)
- High quality (if it says it will do this and work this way, it will)
These principles are everywhere: from OS X itself and Apple’s other applications to the third-party shareware and freeware communities.
And that’s just the beginning.
You can scope out the full entry over here.