iOS users downloading more apps and paying more for them – Report

Thu, Jul 14, 2011


Stalwart Apple bull Gene Munster recently came out with a report analyzing the smartphone app market and in particular highlighting the bustling iOS ecosystem.

Some of the more interesting tidbits relayed by Munster include the following:

– The average iOS user in 2011 downloaded 83 apps compared to 51 in 2010.

– The average selling price per app is on the rise. “After the initial race to the bottom in App Store pricing, we are seeing users pay up to add features and games to their iOS devices.”

– 82% of available iOS apps are free. The other 18% of apps sell for an average of $1.44 per app, an increase from 2010 which Munster attributes to the increasing popularity of the iPad and that iPad apps are relatively more expensive.

Below is an interesting chart of data compiled by Munster. Click below for a larger image.

via Fortune



Comments are closed.

eXTReMe Tracker